Gastric Balloon Surgery
A gastric balloon also called the endoscopic intragastric balloon is a new kind of the weight-loss surgery in Qatar performed by the bariatric surgeon which involves the insertion of a balloon inside the stomach
to fill space and limit the food carrying capacity of the stomach. Unlike most other types it is a short-term aid to help moderately obese patients lose weight as it is only in place for a maximum of six months
before being removed.
Advantages of the Gastric Balloon
The balloon programme, by comparison, offers many distinct advantages over conventional diets and weight loss programmes.
With the balloon you will:
- Have a feeling of fullness
- Lose more weight than with other programmes
- Be supported by a team of medical experts
- Learn principles for long-term success
- No need for general anaesthetic so less risk of complication
The gastric balloon is indicated in the following patients:
- BMI of 30-40 kg/m2
- Unable to lose weight with exercise and diet
- Willing to participate in a medically supervised lifestyle and behaviour modification program
Like other types of weight-loss procedures, an intragastric balloon will change the present lifestyle to a healthier lifestyle. You need to change permanent in your diet
& get regular exercise, which will help you to ensure the long-term success of intragastric balloon surgery
Gastric Balloon Surgery in Doha is a simple, non-surgical and fast procedure. It is done under moderate sedation and the in just about 20 minutes. It does not leave any
scars on your body and On average, 3 times as much weight loss is achieved compared to diet and exercise alone.
Due to it’s a temporary procedure that must be followed by sensible eating habits and exercise while the balloon is inside stomach and after the balloon is removed and
sometimes It may cause a feeling of nausea and discomfort in certain individuals.
- There is a slight possibility of a leak and deflation of the balloon in the stomach.