Our team members take great pride in being a part of the AlEmadi family, advancing our dedication to wellness and making people’s lives better.At Alemadi Hospital, we are always striving to create a happier, healthier community!
Which Weight Loss Surgery Is Best?
The ideal weight loss surgery depends on your health and body type.
For instance, if you are very obese, or if you have had abdominal surgery before, simpler surgeries might not be possible. Talk with your doctor about the pros and cons of each procedure
What can I expect at my first visit IN OBESITY CENTRE
During your initial visit, your bariatric professional:
- Take a medical history. This includes your history of nutrition, exercise, and weight loss.
- Do a physical exam, including BMI, waist circumference, and blood pressure
- BODY composition analysis
- Check for your health problems related to obesity
- Check for other medical problems that might cause weight gain
- Check for how ready you are to start an exercise program
- Find out if you need tests
- Help you make realistic weight loss goals
- Give you a nutrition plan
- Find out if you need a SURGICAL TREATMENT
Your bariatric professional provider should also give you information about:
- Healthy eating habits
- Healthy exercise habits
- How to change health behaviours
- How mental health affects obesity
- Complications of obesity
- Benefits and risks of BARIATRIC SURGERY
What is the Diet after surgery?
Al EMadi hospital considered the only Bariatric surgery center in Qatar who provide our patient with complete post-operative service including diet program and healthy recipes delivered to your home by our diet center (Rigem center ) which do and supervised by very professional team and nutrition doctors and these diet plan is vary from person to person, but a typical plan is:
- first few days – water and fluids (for example, thin soup)
- first four weeks – runny food (for example, yoghurt or puréed food)
- weeks four to six – soft food (for example, mashed potato)
- week six onwards – gradually return to a healthy, balanced diet
You will also be advised to:
- Eat slowly, chew carefully and only eat small amounts at a time – particularly during the early stages of your recovery
- Avoid or be careful eating foods that could block your stomach, such as soft white bread
- Follow-up appointments may involve:
- Blood tests to check your vitamin and mineral levels
- A check-up of your physical health
- Advice and support about diet and exercise
- Emotional or psychological support
Pregnancy and Contraception after weight loss surgery
Women are usually advised to avoid becoming pregnant during the period of most significant weight loss in the first 12 to 18 months after surgery.
This is because weight loss surgery can affect your vitamin and mineral levels. If your levels are low while you’re pregnant, there’s a risk it could harm your baby.
It’s a good idea to:
- use contraception until advised it’s safe to become pregnant – ask your doctor about the best type, as some aren’t suitable for women who’ve had weight loss surgery (including the contraceptive pill and contraceptive injection)
When to get medical advice?
In the days or weeks after surgery, call your GP :
- pain in your tummy that’s really bad, doesn’t go away or is getting worse
- an unusually fast heartbeat
- a high temperature (fever) of 38C (100.4F) or above
- chest pain or shortness of breath
- difficulty swallowing
- dark, sticky poo
- signs of a wound infection, such as pain, redness, swelling and pus
In the months after surgery, make an appointment to see your GP if you:
- have pain in your tummy that comes and goes
- vomit every now and again
- have heartburn
- keep coughing at night
- feel sick most of the time
- have diarrhea that doesn’t go away
- have times where you feel flushed, sweaty or faint
What are costs that include in Bariatric Surgery?
- Surgeon fees
- Hospital fees
- Anesthesia fees
- Pre-op lab test and x-ray fees
- Travel expenses (in case out of Qatar )
- Follow-up medical visits
- Nutritional counseling
- Exercise and Physiotherapy programs
- Psychological counseling