About the clinic
Sports medicine is a multidisciplinary specialty.
A sports medicine physician is a doctor who has underwent a significant amount of training in both the treatment and prevention of illness and injury in active people.
The sports medicine physician is often the first point of contact for the patient in order to make an accurate diagnosis and who then develops and coordinates a treatment plan for those suffering from sporting injuries.
Not only dealing with elite athletes, a Sports Medicine Physician use expertise gained from managing elite athletes and apply the same principles of management to recreational athletes and general fitness participants to enable maximised function and minimise disability.
Common examples of problems managed by sports physicians are:
- Acute injuries - ankle or knee sprains, shoulder injuries or muscle tears
- Overuse or chronic injuries - tendinopathies of the knee, elbow or shoulder, stress fractures or bursitis. Knee injuries & pain, back/neck pain, shin splints, frozen shoulder, e.t.c.
- Injury prevention – advice and assistance of; how to prevent the reoccurrence of an overuse injury or how to avoid training mistakes that may lead to injury
- Returning to play for a sick or injured athlete & maintaining functional health while away from sports
- Exercise advice in athletes with acute / chronic illness
- Bariatric and Obesity Aftercare facility and exercise prescription, weight loss management and body analysis in addition to slimming facilities
Our Physiotherapy Center
Cases handled by Sports Medicine Specialists & Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Specialist:
Cases handled by our Doctors of physical therapy & Physiotherapists:
- All types of sports injuries
- Low back/ cervical problem (spondylosis, scoliosis, etc.)
- Myofascial pain syndrome
- Arthritic condition (Osteoathritis, rheumatoid arthritis, juvenile arthritis)
- Fractures & all types of post Orthopedic Surgery: knee surgery (Anterior Cruciate Ligament “ACL”) reconstruction, shoulder & knee Arthroscopy, meniscus injury, hip replacement and more
- Tendinitis conditions, Muscle spasm, traumatic injuries.
Rehabilitation program available:
- Electrotherapy: ultrasound, Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation (TENS), Electrical Stimulator (ES), combination therapy, Shockwave Therapy, Huber 360, NeuroMuscular Rehabilitation, Compex, Laser Therapy, Pressotherapy, Manual therapy, Kinesiotaping
- Hot Moist Pack (HMP) and cold packs application
- Therapeutic exercises program, strengthening activities and proper stretching
- Variety of Massage techniques and equipment for certain cases / manual or electrical massage.
- Traction machine / lumbar and cervical /, continuous passive movements (CPM) machine.
Al Emadi Hospital
Meet the clinic specialists
These are the professionals that care for you at the clinic.
Outpatient building, 1st floor : Room 125
Sports Medicine Clinic Dr. Dusan Orescanin
2nd floor: Room 230
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Clinic: Dr. Wissem Soumia Haddad